Monday, May 24, 2010

52% now and internet problems

52% of the way there now with 58% of the time gone. Wasn't a very productive weekend for getting hands in mainly because I was too hungover on Saturday to do anything never mind play poker. Sunday I did manage to play some in between the sun and had my most profitable day ever in cash games. Banking very close to $4k, unfortunately on Friday I had one of my worst losing days losing close to $3k so a small gain!!

Since Friday my Internet hasn't being working. Done all the usual stuff with resetting the modem and unplugging it but wouldn't come back. I have a mobile broadband modem so I used this as a backup but it was pretty frustrating as it was not very reliable which meant a few disconnects. Luckily for me none were too costly. But this evening I was trying to get connected and even though it would connect nothing was happening. With UPC scheduled to come in the morning I gave the modem one last effort. After all I am a telecoms engineer this should be a piece of piss for me. So one last go at dis con and reconnecting all the cables and coax and then giving the modem a hardware reset after about 5minutes it came back online. So good to have the reliable 30MB back compared to the unreliable mobile broadband.

So hopefully that will allow me to get some hands in tonight. Not to many though as I have the LOST finale to watch. Was tempted to watch it this morning "as live" but was far too tired at 5.30am to get up. So back on the grind again!!!

No comments: