Sunday, November 30, 2008

November Update

November was a decent enough month. I got the most amount of hands so far this year and had a winning month. I also finished my Irish Open promotion and I am now waiting to get my hands on the ticket. I played a few tournaments this month also.

First one was the Bruce Poker €250 and didn't do great, ran my KK into AA after about 8 hours play which is annoying but pretty standard really. I played well at the start but kinda tilted a bit after some donk sucked out on me in a big pot that would have put me up to 75k when the average was about 30k, instead I was back to average and spewed off some chips. I calmed down over the dinner break and later got moved table and I shoved QJ in the first hand for the flop to read JJJ and my opponents TT drawing dead. Put all my chips in a few more times but got no customers which was a good thing. Was a well run festival with the usual people at it. A lot of familar faces from Killarney there.

The other tournaments were today where I satellited into the Sunday Warm Up and cashed for $406 which was fine and also the $75 6 max game on FT were I cashed for $133. I tried a few other small buyin tournaments and satellites as well today but nothing of note to report.

About 15mins ago I lost HU for a $2.8k package to the GJP deepstack game next year. Played pretty poorly in this to be fair, got lucky a few times but the structure was a pure crapshoot with the final table being allin or fold. My exit hand was as follows which was kinda strange to say the least. The villan limped the btn which I seen him do 4 hands ago with 35s. He had 36bb and I had 12bb. I look down at 9dTd and ship them in. He snap called with Q8o and takes down the ticket.

Cash went pretty ok this month, had $1.8k in winnings. The last week went well as I was stuck before that. Stats and graph are below as usual. I have been meaning to write a post about being in the right frame of mind and having the correct attitude before I start into an online session. Hopefully I will get it written up in the next few days. Bankroll is just over $10.5k at the moment with some bonuses to come in, about $500 so that will boost it to $11k by the end of the week. Hopefully I can have a heater now for the end of the year and get as close as possible to my inital goal of a $20k roll for the start of 2009. Going to be pretty unlikely now unless I win some tournament as I can't see me winning 45BI at 200nl this month.

No comments: